Travel Advice

Passport / Visas

For overseas holidays, please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your child has his/her own passport and (if necessary) visa documentation. Holders of non-UK passports should check with their embassy whether a visa will be required. All UK citizens travelling abroad need to be in possession of a valid passport. Please allow plenty of time for the application process, as we are unable to allow guests to travel without a valid passport.

Foreign Travel

For further information on the country to be visited, please check the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website or visit ABTA’s website

European Health Insurance Card

For holidays within Europe, it is essential that you obtain a European Health Insurance Card for your child. You can obtain an EHIC online at, by calling 0845 605 0707 or from your local Post Office. Should medical attention be needed whilst within the European Community, an EHIC can save both time and money.


Foreign_and_Commonwealth_Office_Logo.svg      ABTA-logo-new

01384 398 870

Acorn Adventure

22 Worcester Street,


West Midlands DY8 1AN

Licenced ATOL Operator Adventure Mark Adventure Activities Licensing Authority British Safety Council Royal Yachting Association - Training Centre Institute for Outdoor Learning Association of British Travel Agents BCU-01